President Donald Trump said Thursday that he would not participate in a virtual debate, minutes after the organizing commission announced that next week’s event would be virtual to protect the health of those involved.
“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” Trump, who was diagnosed last week with the coronavirus, said in an interview on Fox Business, claiming the Commission on Presidential Debates is “trying to protect” Democratic nominee Joe Biden.
“I’m not going to waste my time with a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, that is ridiculous,” Trump continued. He indicated that his campaign was not informed of the decision before it was announced.
Biden’s campaign indicated that the former vice president would participate.
“Vice President Biden looks forward to speaking directly to the American people and comparing his plan for bringing the country together and building back better with Donald Trump’s failed leadership on the coronavirus that has thrown the strong economy he inherited into the worst downturn since the Great Depression,” campaign spokesperson Kate Bedingfield said in a statement.
You can read more here: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/520148-trump-says-he-will-not-participate-in-virtual-presidential-debate
Joe Biden,Donald Trump,debate,virtual debate,miami,pulling out
#BREAKING #Joe #Biden #responds #Trump #participate #virtual #presidential #debate